Friday, August 14, 2009

My Hobby

I have been crocheting many years(about 26) my best friend in High School taught me how to do it (her grandmother taught her). I haven't looked back since. Over the years I have learned many new stitches from that first granny square I learned so many years ago. I have a mulititude of books, pamphlets, and patterns at home. I have made many baby blankets for gifts and I have made baby blankets for my daughter(who is 20 now) and my son(3). Just in the past couple of years I have branched out from the blankets and designed my own sweaters and sweaters for my son, play food, purses and other things.. People tell me all the time"I don't have time to do that" Well sometimes I don't either, but I always find the time for what I love to do. I am in Halloween mode at the momemt and I am designing and making trick or treat bags for my son. I am almost finished with the first one and I have started the second one which will be smaller. The first one is long and would be better for him when he is older. I will get the pictures on here has soon as they are finished. I decided to create this site to share my love of this somewhat fading art. At least around here. I can't seem to find anywhere anymore carrying a large quantity of yarn. It is scattered and it seems like shelves are getting smaller and less choice then even 10 years ago. I have to go online sometimes for what I want. OH well. It won't stop me from crocheting. Maybe one day I can live my dream of having my own store with yarn and projects and re-awaken this wonderful craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment